Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Next Project for Sewn Class

Well we could either make a big Pinwheel out of Vellum or a Memory Panel for this week's class so I chose the Memory Panel for now.   I am sure I will make a pinwheel sometime in the future.

This took me back to the days when I used to go to the Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta.   I went there for many years and loved every minute of it.

This is a very large piece and I worked on it for two days.    It is very bright and cheerful and I remember all those balloons that are pictured on that piece.   It was sewn together and then cut up in pieces and then stitched up again.   I used my decorated papers and some of Teesha Moore's collage sheets (which I absolutely love).   Then I sewed on the balloon pictures which was a trick in itself considering the size of this piece.   Hurray, it is done and I must say that I love looking at it. 



The picture below was taken outside and wouldn't you know it, it was overcast today but it shows all the stitching done. 




I haven't decided what the next project will be but stayed tuned..........I will be back.

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW what a big piece of work! I KNOW you worked hard on this...it is complex and beautiful...What a great memory....love the colors that look like a lot of the shapes in the balloons...and how did you ever get all those rectangular pieces to fit....really a wonderful wall hanging! I sure want to do a memory panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely fantastic! Love the hot air balloon pics on it, really sets them off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That means a lot to me.