Friday, April 29, 2011

A 45 Minute Errand Turned Into Three Hours of Fun

Well I was going to make a quick trip to Joann's to pick up some Collage Pauge for a big project I am working on and then stop at Starbucks but that all changed when I ran into some friends at Joann's.     I was so surprised when I saw her  as I had not seen her in a long time and we just chatted and chatted.   Would you believe they were out shopping not only at Joann's but thrift stores.  Oh My Gosh not another one like me.    She told me about a thrift store that was opened today so I decided to run there instead of getting a Starbucks.....oh my.......even surprised me because I had been thinking about that White Chocolate Mocha all morning.     I found a few things and while I was checking out, guess who came in the door.........my friends.   When they saw what I found, they both looked at each other and said, "boy did we make a mistake in telling her about this place".      We had a great lunch together and boy was the food good.   I had Green Corn Tamale Pie........yum is all I can say.  

Here is a picture of what I found..........one of those little blue cabinets with drawers filled with all kinds of stuff like large resistors, neat parts, little fuse bulbs, electrical components, etc which will work great in steampunk art or jewelry; a very old cigar box and two very old card games.....one of them being a very old Old Maid card set which was way too cool.





Oh well, so much for working on that big project but it was so great seeing Eliza and her friend.        The project will have to wait until tomorrow because I am so tired right now after being up half the night watching the Royal Wedding.   

Hope you all have a great Weekend.

5 comments:

  1. What a great day, to run into old friends, have some lunch, and catch up! And that find is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you always find the best stuff! I think my main problem is, I lack the patience to go through things in the search. If I don't see it immediately, I lose interest. Not the greatest bargain hunter, for sure.
    But I sure do admire your abilities in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the kind of days I just LOVE! You got some good stuff there Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find such cool stuff when you go out to the thrift stores, so jealous:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That means a lot to me.