Sunday, July 7, 2013

Papers for Sewn Class

Here are a few of the papers I colored/painted/decorated/slapped paint on..........in other words.......had a grand ole time making a mess for the Mary Ann's class Sewn.

For years, I have loved making a mess (and I mean a mess) with acrylic paints and spray inks mainly....on all kinds of paper.   With this class, I have broadened my horizons with watercolors and acrylic inks and making patterns on them.  

The first three don't have any patterns/designs on them but I love them a lot.....   I call them Color Designs.  They are done in layers of spray inks mostly.   Do one layer, let dry (which is fast as we are in the desert), next color.....you get the point.



I see I need to do a better job photographing and cropping these more but this will have to do for now.   Bear with me as I haven't blogged in two years and done anything with posting photographs, etc.


Here are a few pieces of papers that I did some patterns on vintage ledger papers..........   I think I used watercolors for the next three.....not for sure at this point.   Too many mediums.....so little time.







This piece below I did on watercolor paper and used acrylic inks.   And then just did some writing on it.






The papers below are all done on watercolor paper with acrylic paints and acrylic inks.....and, again doing them in layers.









Very unusual for me to leave any white spaces on any paper that I color/decorate.







 
Well this is enough for right now.  Thanks for stopping by.    Would love to hear from you.........


11 comments:

  1. these are fantastic. i have all the Dylusions sprays and you have given me new ideas for using them in SEWN

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! All so you and all gorgeous. Can't wait to see how they look when we start making stuff! So great to have you back Nancy! :o) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super lookinb blog and I especially like the black lines pattern with the colored spatters,

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful colours... You are good in layering... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your blog! Did you put this together yourself? My blog was swallowed by a bloggart and entrapped in cyberspace forever. Your patterns are beautiful and so fun taking SEWN:)Violet Cadburry aka bonddi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful patterns, wonderful & cheerful colors! Welcome back to Blogland! I hope you keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looks like you had lots of fun! Great designs - especially the ones of many layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic Nancy! So good to see you again! Glad you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice Nancy...Love the painted book pages I LOVE painting on them...have to make some for this class.......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That means a lot to me.