In order to get the straps wide enough for the book, I sewed two pieces of ribbon together and them sewed some decorative tape on top of the ribbon. And then once I had everything glued down, I glued on some buttons that matched everything perfectly. I am still thinking about what closure I am going to do for this book but might not do any. Will have to see how fat it gets after I start journaling in it.
Here's some pictures of the cover, the binding, the back and a lot of pages that I sewed together using all kinds of leftover items and thrift store finds. No journaling has been done yet but once I start doing that, I will show what I did.
This is not all of the pages but will give you a random selection of some of them I made. They are so incredibly fun to sew up and I am sure will be fun to journal on. You will see that there are a lot of spaces to write on, there are a lot of pockets to put things in and spaces for photos. If I find I need some more clear space, I will just gesso over something so I can write on it or put more pictures, postcards, etc. on it. I just used stuff that I had on hand from thrift store trips, some paint chips, some cardstock, vintage papers, telephone message pads, security envelopes, etc.
If you haven't already, please leave a comment on this post for a chance to win a brand new Japanese Screw Punch.