Thursday, March 4, 2010

Popcorn......Memories.........Art

I am sure you are wondering what the title represents but the other day in my thrift shopping endeavors, I found a package of Popcorn sacks.   They brought back memories of how, as a child, we would sit around one of those big radios, that was like a piece of furniture, and eat freshly popped popcorn and listen to the old Radio programs. We would sit there riveted wondering what was going to happen next.     This is not the one we had but something like this as this is from 1939 but just something to give you an idea....   




The popcorn bags are going to be used as pages in my journals, especially the Remains of the Day Journals which I have posted about in earlier entries.   In these journals, the pages are very unique and different and the popcorn bags will just be perfect.

http://usingupallthatstuff.blogspot.com/2010/01/pages-for-remains-of-day-fabric-journal.html

http://usingupallthatstuff.blogspot.com/2010/01/fabric-journals.html

http://usingupallthatstuff.blogspot.com/2010/02/another-rod-journal.html






2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how you transform these bags! Clicked on the links and looked at your other journals. Amazing! Too bad I can't even thread a sewing machine, or I'd join right in.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun blog! thank you for stopping by my blog today! :)
    I will put you in my google reader! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That means a lot to me.