Sunday, March 20, 2011

What A Day Yesterday

The day started off by my waking up at 3:30 am.  What's with that?    So finally I just got up and went about having a cup of coffee in my relatively new Keurig (love love that machine),  and read some email, facebook, blogs, etc.     Then I decided to do some cleaning, dusting, etc. since I knew I was going to be gone most of the day...that way I would feel better about goofing off all day.  LOL  

I can't even remember when I last attended a rubber stamp convention.........probably in 2006 or 2007 when I attended one in Phoenix.   There was a small one here in town this weekend so I decided to go as I knew a lot of my old friends would be there whom I had not seen for years.   I really only intended on staying a couple hours but ended up there all day because I just kept running into friends.   What was really interesting, I ran into people from our classic car clubs and people who I had worked with, someone from a Yahoo group I belong to and a person who I had cruised with a couple of years ago.  

I have a special friend, Sally, who lives here in the winter and on the Oregon Coast during the summer.   She was there with some of her friends who I also know so I spent some time with them and had lunch with them.   I don't see her a lot as she is so busy at her RV Park so this was a real treat.  

I started out as a rubber stamper but don't do a lot of that anymore but I am so thankful for all the friends I have met through that media.  I do a lot of mixed media and altered art work now so did not buy any rubber stamps at all.   In fact I did not buy much at all except this one booth had these incredible silver bottle caps with jump rings soldered to them.   I have never seen them available like this before.   I think they are silver plated but don't quote me on that one.    They had a bunch of other nice bezels with jump rings but my eyes focused on the bottle caps.   Well, of course I bought them all which weren't that many but hopefully they can get some more for me.   And the quality of the jump rings and how well they were soldered is incredible.   I have soldered jump rings before and what a "pain in the toot" that was.   I had to do several before I was comfortable with it and just not something that I love doing.   The picture is showing that they are dark in the center but they really aren't.....I don't have the best of cameras and not a good photographer at all so bear with me in this area.






And I found these cute little things.........they were at booth where they were selling rubber stamps that made into shirts and sweaters.   Way too cute but not really my thing but very unique.   They also sold tiny zippers (which I kick myself now for not buying) and the tiniest buttons ever to use on the shirts and sweaters.   Way too clever.  I still can't figure out why I didn't get some of the zippers and buttons but "oh well" I think I will live.   I am going to use these hangers in Letterpress printer trays for wall art or Tim Holtz' configuration boxes.  




And the only other items I bought which I did not take a picture of were some Tim Holtz embossing folders (three different sets) and two large Cuttlebug embossing folders of gears and numbers as the prices were incredibly reasonable and you know me, I am all about a bargain.   Can't wait to try them out on the Vagabond die cutting machine which I love.

Well, that is enough for now.   I hope you all have a great day.   It is yet another very warm day here in the Southwest.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Nancy, and how wonderful to run into old friends! Always a nice surprise. Those bottlecaps look great, as do the hangers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That means a lot to me.