I have chosen my album I am going to use.....I have cut the straps from my black leather scraps I recently found and starting to assemble some of the pages that will go into this journal. This is going to be an exposed spine. The reason I chose this journal was because the spine was gone so there was no loss as we needed to get rid of the existing one anyway.
This is the front cover of the Vintage Photo Album I am using for the first journal we are going to make in our online class. Alongside it are strips of back leather that are going to be used for the binding.
These are potential pages that I am going to use. They are all different but they are all vintage linens I got last year at a friend's estate sale. They are all at least 100 years old and I have adhered some of them to old papers just to see how they would look.
And all of these are adhered to something else to make them more sturdy so that I can use them as pages in the book.
So there you have the beginnings of my journal. I think at this point, I am going to keep this pretty neutral in the colorway of the pages, etc. We will see as I gather up more papers for the signatures which I will do next.
Hope you all have a great day.